[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Archive - read only
Forum » Archives » AT-43 - Club, News & Gossip » New AT-43 Campaign
New AT-43 Campaign
zellakDate: Monday, 20-Jun-2011, 20:12:22 | Message # 21
Generalissimo
Group: Member
Quote (Che)
How ironic. I was going to stop using the sheets and go to A4 paper. I suppose we should all standardise shouldn't we .

LOL

Added (09-Jun-2011, 9:35 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Quote (Banksi)
Takes off Rose coloured glasses and comes off of Eldar runed soap box, Returns to normality

Well as long as you get it off your chest, thats the main thing. dry

You will be trading in the ERSB for a banana soap-box soon. LOL

Added (20-Jun-2011, 8:12 PM)
So the campaign starts this Sunday (26th June) ! biggrin

Therians / ONI : Shug and Tom (Tom wont be in BTW)

UNA : Gerry and Kieran

Red Blok : Ian and Walter.

Monkeymen : Banksi and Alan

Ross and Mark have also shown interest in joining up.....where would they be posted. wink

The Therians could take one more. happy

Message edited by zellak - Thursday, 09-Jun-2011, 21:36:52

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CheDate: Tuesday, 21-Jun-2011, 17:03:14 | Message # 22
Lieutenant general
cool Red Blok could take one more. Then I could sit back and criticise haha
Message edited by Che - Tuesday, 21-Jun-2011, 17:06:51

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

zellakDate: Wednesday, 22-Jun-2011, 18:54:43 | Message # 23
Generalissimo
Alan Cuggy is looking for a game of WW2 ROE...So Ross might be busy.

Finally got round to writing my army lists last night......Babal and Cypher.

Added (22-Jun-2011, 6:54 PM)
So i'm using Babylon Zero in my Babel Company !

Anyone else using Heroes ????

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BanksiDate: Wednesday, 22-Jun-2011, 21:28:11 | Message # 24
Major general
Group: Administrators
Got all three lists written - Normal, Libra& Flux .

Yes using heroes, different ones in each list.

Also for a Campaign map done using Powerpoint, it can be updated with each move or battle,found out how to post it!!

Attachments: 8845284.jpg (59.2 Kb)
Message edited by Banksi - Wednesday, 22-Jun-2011, 21:42:14

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

zellakDate: Wednesday, 22-Jun-2011, 21:49:56 | Message # 25
Generalissimo
Looks good, we should get a copy for the campaign , mounted on a board with coloured pins stuck in to represent the companies.

Or were you planning on posting it (as it changed) , to this thread ???

A more virtual than real-space battle update technology. biggrin

BanksiDate: Wednesday, 22-Jun-2011, 22:24:24 | Message # 26
Major general
I'm planning on posting updated versions of it as it changes. I will print a copy for the cupboard too. I can add companies in as they are deployed, that's why I added access and deployment zones.

BalrogDate: Saturday, 25-Jun-2011, 11:25:42 | Message # 27
Aun Va III
Quote (Che)
Red Blok could take one more. Then I could sit back and criticise

Hi Che ... As I'm your new rookie, I'd rather watch u guys in action to see how the rules/tactics play out as I'm just getting to grips with the rules ... See u Sunday comrade!

CheDate: Saturday, 25-Jun-2011, 17:05:42 | Message # 28
Lieutenant general
Companies are Standard, Supra and Frontline. No heroes in the Red Blok line-up. Forgot all about them angry . We'll get screwed whatever we do tongue . Welcome to hell comrade Balrog, and watch out for the commisars loony

Aren't we getting technical. Don't think an old man like me will be able to cope. I'll keep my eyes on the cupboard at the club or make my own notes. :umnik:
Message edited by Che - Saturday, 25-Jun-2011, 17:19:57

BalrogDate: Saturday, 25-Jun-2011, 22:15:05 | Message # 29
Aun Va III
Let those skanks bring on their hellfire attacks, Sir, angry2 devil angry2 I'd rather be hot in hell than cold dead, Che, Sir! bb2

zellakDate: Saturday, 25-Jun-2011, 23:48:43 | Message # 30
Generalissimo
Quote (Che)
No heroes in the Red Blok line-up. Forgot all about them

Still time to change the lists !

Don't forget to add one civilian to one of your companies . If we all agree ?

Ours is in the ONI company.

Other things to consider tomorrow.

Will heroes only be dead if their entire company is wiped out ?

Can AFV get rocket Jump ?

Will we use WH40K flamer templates for flamers ?

Will we use ONI transports for everyone ? (bloody hope so !!!!!)

Houserule : must have LOS to objective ...not just be within 10 CM (ie . through a wall !!)

Any other rule changes.....

Just remembered another one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simultaneous movement (written orders...for weekly moves)

As we did in previous two campaigns.

Added (25-Jun-2011, 11:48 PM)
Update ;

Went to see Banksi during the week and ( looking at Frostbite) discovered that my Babel list wont work .

So my two lists are now Cypher Faction (AFV heavy ) and Warrior Faction ( must charge into CC, if able to) with Babylon Zero hero !

She is AWESOME !!!

And..............Wyvern Golgoth.

300 points , loses nanogenerator ability, gains Anti-Grav and increase transport capacity from 8 to 9. ( seen the size of this bitch ?)

BanksiDate: Sunday, 26-Jun-2011, 18:25:39 | Message # 31
Major general
Here is the updated Map, called it Week 1 part complete.

One question, If you go into a sector and no one contests it, to you control it and get the bonuses or do you have to fight a battle to get the bonuses?

Let me know if I've got anything wrong and I'll fix it.

Attachments: 9644384.jpg (83.5 Kb)
Message edited by Banksi - Sunday, 26-Jun-2011, 18:29:24

zellakDate: Monday, 27-Jun-2011, 12:47:28 | Message # 32
Generalissimo
Quote (Banksi)
If you go into a sector and no one contests it, to you control it and get the bonuses or do you have to fight a battle to get the bonuses?

Nope, no fight required, you just have to control it. happy

Interesting game today....will be more interesting in week two, when we all try again with rocket pack infantry biggrin

It will look like a 40k battle !!!!

Me and Che next week at the observation post.

And Monkeys meet the MIND/ Morning Star in the dark !!!

Added (27-Jun-2011, 9:58 Am)
A point to consider; if a unit comes up the stairs (starport control tower) and the leader is at the back of the unit...and the leader of the defending overwatch unit is also at the back of the room. If the range between the leaders is more than range band 1, the overwatch fire will automatically miss.

Then if the attacking unit can see in the dark, it can now open fire!

Added (27-Jun-2011, 12:47 PM)
Can an infantry unit count as capturing an objective if it is inside a transport ?

I would think yes.

Message edited by zellak - Monday, 27-Jun-2011, 09:59:25

CheDate: Monday, 27-Jun-2011, 19:20:57 | Message # 33
Lieutenant general
Quote (zellak)
If the range between the leaders is more than range band 1, the overwatch fire will automatically miss.

Then if the attacking unit can see in the dark, it can now open fire!

Only if the defenders can't see in the dark, or am I stating the oblivious?

Quote (Banksi)
Let me know if I've got anything wrong and I'll fix it.

You could just mark the OP as being in Therian hands and save yourself a bit of work. I was a bit confused about the solidity of the control tower on Sunday. Was I being an idiot in thinking it has a roof or walls? I'll know better in week two, but I'll still make stupid mistakes. Hope Balrog gets the hang of things quickly, I would like the Red Blok to have some glory.

Added (27-Jun-2011, 7:20 PM)

Quote (zellak)
Can an infantry unit count as capturing an objective if it is inside a transport ?

I would think yes.

I agree.
Message edited by Che - Monday, 27-Jun-2011, 19:20:01

zellakDate: Monday, 27-Jun-2011, 20:32:57 | Message # 34
Generalissimo
Quote (Che)
Only if the defenders can't see in the dark, or am I stating the oblivious?

Not obvious (or otherwise dry ), as my explanation was pants.....i was thinking of the monkeys guarding the room when i wrote it.

Quote (Che)
You could just mark the OP as being in Therian hands and save yourself a bit of work.

Hope this is not negative waves....or the Commissars will be after you !

Speaking of Commissars.....i forgot to bring up the subject on Sunday. remember we talked earlier about Commissars ????

150 points for a Commissar. : you add the mini to an infantry unit (type 1 or 2) and add the propaganda card to the active card deck.

When the card is turned, and the Commissar is still alive !..the unit he is attached to is inspired by his leadership and get a free extra activation !

What do you think...the RB need a boost , right ?

Quote (Che)
Quote (zellak)

I would think yes.

I agree.

Thanks for the feedback happy

pavlovDate: Monday, 27-Jun-2011, 22:37:27 | Message # 35
Major general

I think Not......... unless it's part of there abilities since the only two armies able to capture objectives with transports are Red Blok and Karman and With the Karman faction in particular having to use the rather fragile Flux list.

Talk about trying it on or what

Alan

Look what's happend i've been dragged into posting on forums again after 9 year of lurking.............everywhere.
Message edited by pavlov - Monday, 27-Jun-2011, 22:38:11

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

zellakDate: Monday, 27-Jun-2011, 23:30:20 | Message # 36
Generalissimo
Welcome to the forums . biggrin

Remember everyone can use ONI transport (medium enforcer 375 points).

So everyone could capture objectives with transports loaded with infantry.
Message edited by zellak - Monday, 27-Jun-2011, 23:30:45

BanksiDate: Tuesday, 28-Jun-2011, 01:59:54 | Message # 37
Major general
Quote (zellak)
Quote (zellak)

I would think yes.

I've a different view point a vehicle is still a vehicle even if it has infantry in it, so cannot capture objectives unless allowed by a faction rule. Of course the infantry in it can capture the objective when they come out of it!!!A can of beans only becomes a snack when you open the tin!!!!
You could make it the rule that infantry inside vehicles could capture objectives but only if the counter was added if playing that way, the infantry inside would be destroyed when the vehicle was taken out.

1. As to the control tower and the differences of opinion around it, I think that there will be a roof on it and walls may go to the ceiling but not high enough to fly over things, a vehicle in the doorway would block the entrance, if it didn't what is the point of having doorways and walls in a room!!

2. Another point is shooting up to the next floor, if the walls are so high that they are seemingly limitless, wouldn't the pillars supporting the floor be just as massive, taking all on that floor well out of reach of any fire... NO don't think so, I think its more likely that the total height is 2 storeys (2 Floors) each floor being the height of a length wise container, the reason you cant shoot or fly over walls is there is a roof on them

3. I also think the a vehicle could sit on the ramp/stairs and stop troops accessing the floor from below but could be shot at from below and return overwatch fire from that position.
Message edited by Banksi - Tuesday, 28-Jun-2011, 02:07:32

zellakDate: Tuesday, 28-Jun-2011, 10:29:00 | Message # 38
Generalissimo
Quote (Banksi)
You could make it the rule that infantry inside vehicles could capture objectives but only if the counter was added if playing that way, the infantry inside would be destroyed when the vehicle was taken out.

The infantry are destroyed if they are inside an AFV which gets destroyed.
(just as infantry are destroyed if they are on top of a wall or container that gets destroyed.)

Other points;

1) That is the conclusion i think we finally came to on Sunday. you cannot fly over a vehicle blocking a door.

2) The walls that count are the black ones with white outline. You cannot fly over them.

3] the book says :

"The control tower: The control tower is composed of a ground level and one upper floor.
The latter is represented by a tile placed above the one representing the ground level.
The first floor tile is propped up on four containers standing vertically (see map).
Infantry fighters may change floor at the beginning or end of their movement.
The change of floor is part of the movement.
If at least one member of a unit is on the stairway on ground level, his unit can be placed on the stairway
zone on the upper floor, and vice-versa.
This movement is part of the unit’s movement.
Fighters on the upper floor can shoot and be shot at using the normal rules.
Line of sight and range are checked using the miniatures actual position.

It is possible to reach the upper floor using the “Rocket Jump” ability, but it cannot be used to cross the walls of the control tower on ground level or upper floor level.
The control tower is secured: it cannot be sabotaged."

Normal LOS are used so it cannot see or be seen through the floor. (If AFV is on first floor.)
If this is the case then the Wyvern/Sounduk/Camel could also land there !
i assumed the area to be a hole in the floor.

Added (28-Jun-2011, 10:29 Am)
i dont see how it would prevent access, it would mean the unit coming up the stairs will be engaged.

So could not move any further that round. And could fight in close combat.

Message edited by zellak - Tuesday, 28-Jun-2011, 09:46:41

BanksiDate: Tuesday, 28-Jun-2011, 11:01:51 | Message # 39
Major general
Still not sure if Infantry can capture objectives inside vehicles... Remember that those who do have a disadvantage on their army list, by letting everyone do it, it means that they are getting the advantage forFREE

Having thought about it, allowing infantry inside tanks to capture objectives becomes a game breaker!!! Totally changing the rules and upsetting the gameplay

Here is the scenario, Infantry fire at a target kill it then move into the tank, the tank then rushes in to push/ run over another enemy infantry unit and captures the objective, kills 1/2 the infantry. and take the objective because the infantry inside count more than the enemy unit!!! That is pushing the rules to breaking point!!
Message edited by Banksi - Tuesday, 28-Jun-2011, 11:12:17

zellakDate: Tuesday, 28-Jun-2011, 12:04:18 | Message # 40
Generalissimo
Not exactly free...375 points is a bit heavy. For ONI medium enforcer.

Notice no one has an ONI transport in their list probably because of the AP price.

(The only army with no access to transports is the COGs AFAIK, and they are not in this campaign. So plenty of time to work that one out.)

And i would have taken a Kraken anyway for that scenario...cos of the distance to target.

What you describe sounds just like a Soviet mounted overrun tactics...KEWL !! tongue

So i dont see it breaking the game.

On another topic ...going up the stairs...i did a bit of research and found another ONI advantage...V-SWAT faction are immune to overwatch fire.

And their TYPE 3 heavy battle tank can see in the dark. !!!!!! OUCH !

should have sent in the Mercs. <_<
Message edited by zellak - Tuesday, 28-Jun-2011, 12:30:31

Forum » Archives » AT-43 - Club, News & Gossip » New AT-43 Campaign
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024